Do you care about your future? Your children’s future? Grandchildren? Great grandchildren?
Do you care about the earth? Your carbon foot print? World hunger?
Face the facts:
- 82% of starving children live in countries where food is fed to animals, and the animals are eaten by western countries
- 7 billion people on earth. 795 million people without food or undernourished. We are currently growing enough food to feed 10 billion people. 800 million people could be fed with that grain but instead it goes to livestock.
- Animal agriculture is responsible for 18 percent of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation
- Animal agriculture is the leading cause of species extinction, ocean dead zones, water pollution, and habitat destruction!
- 26 million rainforest acres (10.8m hectares) have been cleared for palm oil production
- A farm with 2,500 dairy cows produces the same amount of waste as a city of 411,000 people
- We could see fishless oceans by 2048 (that’s only 32 years from now)
- 70 billion farmed animals are reared annually worldwide. More than 6 million animals are killed for food every hour
- 5 acres can produce 37,000 pounds of plant-based food. 1.5 acres can produce 375 pounds of meat (A plant-based diet is more sustainable for the earth)
- A person who follows a vegan diet produces the equivalent of 50% less carbon dioxide, uses 1/11th oil, 1/13th water, and 1/18th land compared to a meat eater for their food
Go vegan. For the planet. For the people. For the earth. For you 💚
Take the 30 day vegan challenge: Take action.